I have found myself absolutely broken this week. My semester, although only in the third week, has been a roller coaster of emotions and stress! I am blessed that my relationship with Derrick is better than ever! We had a terrific Valentine's Day and weekend. Personally I feel as thought I am falling apart. I feel that I am stretched too thin. Purposefully I chose to be a part time student this semester and I am so glad that I did because I am just over whelmed. It is hard to believe that I will soon be done here at Trinity and will be looking for a full time teaching job. I am discovering that I really truly love planning worship and I believe that it is my calling. I would love to teach church music at a college level somewhere.
Above all it is very difficult for me right now to put all of my trust in God. The other day I was looking through the hymnal to find hymns for Lenten Verspers and I came across Jesus Priceless Treasure. I have always loved this hymn. I remember singing it with the Chapel Choir and I even bought an old copy of the whole score just to have it. The text helps me rest in God.
Jesus, priceless treasure, source of purest pleasure, truest friend to me. Ah, how long I've panted and my heart has fainted, thirsting Lord, for thee! Thine I am, O spotless Lamb; nothing in this world can hid thee, naught I ask beside thee.
In thine arm I rest me; foes who would molest me cannot reach me here. Though the earth be shaking, every heart be quaking, Jesus calms my fear. Lightnings flash and thunders crash; yet, though sin and hell assail me, Jesus will not fail me.
Hence, all fears and sadness, for the Lord of gladness, Jesus, enters in. God, who dearly loves us, from all trial saves us, gives sweet peace within. I have borne this worldly scorn; still in thee lies purest pleasure: Jesus, pricelss treasure!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment