Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Refocus

So, this is my attempt to refocus my life. I am so blessed that God has changed my heart so much in the past year and a half. I cannot believe the new life that I will embark on in 9 months! I will hopefully be part time church musician, full time teacher and of course the greatest gift of all wife!

Sometimes I forget to Thank God for Derrick. I truly believe that we were made for each other. We have a unconditional love that I never thought was possible here on earth.

I realize that I am very selfish. I feel as though no one understands me and that I do not get the recognition that I deserve. Derrick reminded me today that he will always be my biggest fan. He told me that my time will come and that I should always look to the future.

As a Christian how could I have forgotten this? We are a people called to look to our future with God. That is what Advent is all about. We are waiting, we are expecting, we are longing for God to bring us the promise.

I would like to share with you my life, everyday, as it unfolds. My theological discoveries mean nothing unless I allow them to dwell within and change my soul.

Filled with wonder, love, and grace is the last line of Love Divine All Love's Excelling by Charles Wesley. This is one of my favorite hymns, it moves me to tears. However this last line is what I am striving for. I am striving to be filled with wonder, love and grace.

Shalom

No comments:

Post a Comment